NC Building, PU, Hwy & Specialty Contractors

For all other NC contractor licenses, including:

Public Utility



Water & Sewer



Specialty (Roofing, Swimming Pools, Metal Erection, Insulation, Railroad, Wind Turbines, etc.)

These licenses are obtained through the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors:

5400 Creedmoor Road

Raleigh, NC 27612

(919) 571-4183

Note: These examinations are very difficult. The questions come from as many as 18 reference books. Most fail the exams the first time they take them unless they have gotten some exam prep, such as a class or study course. There is currently limited reciprocity with a few states. For example, NC offers limited reciprocity for SC and TN Building contractors. Please contact us or the board for further reciprocity information.